門派:無門無派
註冊:2006年7月5日
樓主
 用支付寶給夏日的微風付款或購買其商品,支付寶交易免手續費、安全、快捷!

發貼心情
【轉貼】還有什麼更偉大 患ALS程序員生前用腳寫完最後代碼補丁

圖片點擊可在新視窗打開檢視此主題相關圖片如下:
圖片點擊可在新視窗打開檢視

Adrian Hands是一位ALS病人,他在已經失去了運動能力、雙手殘廢無法使用鍵盤的情況下,用腳在一個莫爾斯碼鍵盤模擬器上編寫代碼,為GNOME提交了生 命中最後一個patch。
今天朋友雨蒼為我分享了一個新聞鏈接,說的是一位ALS患者在生命走到盡頭前用腳貢獻了最後一個代碼補丁,修正了GNOME中一個存在了9年的BUG。

ALS是肌肉萎縮性側索硬化症, 是一種漸進和致命的神經退行性疾病,病人的肌肉會逐漸衰弱、萎縮,喪失運動能力。上面這位,Adrian Hands就是一位ALS病人,他在已經失去了運動能力、雙手殘廢無法使用鍵盤的情況下,用腳在一個莫爾斯碼鍵盤模擬器上編寫代碼,為GNOME提交了生 命中最後一個patch。

以下是他的兒子Ian Hands在GNOME的郵件列表裡的一段話

I would like to extend my thanks to the gnome team/community for a great last moment with my dad. Adrian Hands (my father) wrote the patch above to improve the usability of gnome for himself and others. You see my dad was suffering from ALS and his hands were so crippled he could no longer use a keyboard. Thus we used a Darci usb morse code keyboard emulator to help him type. Even the morse code device was a struggle as the sensitivity adjustment and positioning of the nice two paddled key would fall out of whack. I rigged up a pvc cage that wrapped around his knee and fixed remote switches to the cage so that he could use the remaining strength in his legs to operate the Darci morse code device. He used this last bit of body movement to write this patch. Here is a photo of him using it:https://picasaweb.google.com/HandsAdrian/ShotwellConnect#5549467460761802914 My father passed away yesterday. I went back through my email to find our last correspondence (he was in India for treatment, and I live in Raleigh). I would like to share the email with you. On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Adrian Hands wrote: > ACCEPTed > COMMITed > RESOLVEd > BOO-YAH! > > commit 0b209b1ff16e863e60a1d86413aa57c5fbde76b0 > Author: Adrian Hands > Date: Fri Dec 31 14:34:58 2010 +0100 > > Add Copy Image and Copy Path to clipboard functionality > > Fixes bug 78514. > > data/eog-ui.xml | 9 +++++++ > src/eog-window.c | 63 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ > 2 files changed, 72 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-) I have the coolest Dad in the world! I am so glad that my last comment to my Dad was something like this. Adrian Hands loved free software / open source. I do as well. Thanks so much for the great software, and a new great memory.

我總是很感激生命中總是一直存在著這樣偉大的人創造著一個又一個勵志故事和事蹟,他們存在於各行各業,有的並不出名,但是還是能感動到我,激勵到我,有志者,事竟成!

特地寫此文紀念這位偉大的程序員,Adrian Hands,R.I.P。

ip地址已設置保密
2011/4/14 上午 03:55:51

1   1   1/1頁      1    
佛子網路世界的家 佛網 Buddhanet