我很歡喜與各位分享一則小故事,

故事發生於迦葉佛(梵語:Kāśyapa)時期

有一天,迦葉佛化緣如常。

離佛行走不遠處,一群孩子們在沙地上玩耍。

有一個孩子正在吃著豌豆,當他看到人們向佛獻供,

而將食物置入佛陀的托缽中,值時他手中只剩下四顆豌豆。

同樣地,在他走過佛的身前,也將剩餘的豌豆投入佛陀的缽裡,但只有三顆豌豆落入缽中。卻由此對佛陀慷慨的供獻之舉,該男童轉世為帝釋天之帝王。

因此,對三寶奉獻,循由奉獻、捐款與護持佛法活動,都是不斷地在強調此傳統美德,並被認為是對眾生福祉最佳的善德。

向上的道路是漫長的,藉由寬厚慷慨的行為帮助我們開展戒定慧,安住於當下,行履於諸佛菩薩之高尚八正道。此善美之道將領引我們通向一個廣闊、和洵與恆常的滅苦境地 !

敏林堪千仁波切Minling Khenchen Rinpochhe / http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/theeasternsun-khenchen/article?mid=3053&prev=3723&l=f&fid=8

敏林堪千仁波切說故事

快樂的和尚(心靈生活的喜樂)

從前有個位高權重的男子,當他年老時,體悟到無論貧富、所有人都會遭受年老所帶來的痛苦,因而他捨棄了財富與地位,遁至深山成為一個窮比丘。

他練習打坐冥想並修鍊心智,自身心的負面思維中解脫,成為滿足喜樂的人。

其所散發的寧靜平和與友善,逐漸吸引了五百名跟隨者隨側。在那個遠久的時代,多數的比丘看起來都很嚴肅。但卻有個比丘相好莊嚴外,總是面帶微笑;無論發生什麼事,其內心的喜樂之光永不熄滅,在快樂的情境時他總是盡情的笑著、並展現最溫暖的笑聲。

有時人們或其他比丘會問他為什麼總是那麼開心並帶笑容。他咯咯地笑著答道:「如果我告訴你原因,你將不會相信。然而倘若你認為我所說的是謊言,那又將令我的師父蒙羞。」

那位年老且睿智的上師了知此中意樂的根源何以不會自此比丘的臉上拭去。因此大師收受了這位最喜樂的比丘成為他的大弟子與重要助手。

某一年雨季過後,這位年老睿智的大師與五百位追隨者行腳至城裡。國王應允他們春季時駐錫於其怡人的花園。

他是個負責認真治國的國王,盡力保護人民免受危險並增加他們的財富與福利。然而他總是憂心忡忡,擔心來自一些鄰國君王的不友善與威脅。

他也經常需要調停國內諸侯間的競爭。或有時妻妾們相互爭寵並為他們的兒子爭取晉升。再或因發生令人們不滿的事件甚且威脅王者的性命;同時他經常憂心國家的經濟狀況。實際上他已由於國事與家事如麻的憂慮而從不覺得快樂。

當夏季臨近時,國王了解比丘們正準備回到山林。王者考慮到年老的領導者的健康與福祉,遂到其處向他說:「尊者,你現在又老又衰弱,回到山林中對你有甚麼益處呢?何妨讓追隨者回到山林,自己留在此處。」

於是老和尚喚來大弟子:「當你們回到林中生活,你就是領導者。我太老了又衰弱,因此接受國王的建議留在此處。」五百人因而回到山林而老和尚留下。

大弟子在山林裡繼續禪修,因此獲得許多智慧與平靜,甚而比先前更加喜樂。他想念師父並欲與之分享喜樂,所以回到城裡晉見上師。

大弟子到達後,於靠近師父腳下的墊子坐下,他們之間沒有太多交談,然而大弟子卻不斷地說:「真是歡喜!真是快樂啊!。」

隨後國王前來探訪並致意,但從山中來的比丘卻只是不停的說著:「真是歡喜!真是快樂啊!。」甚至沒停下來向國王問候與致敬。

國王不甚歡喜的想著:「我有這麼多事要擔心並且忙著治理國家,特地前來致意,但這和尚卻不尊重我、甚至不認得我是誰,真是大不敬!」

國王對老和尚說:「尊者,這和尚一定是吃太多而變愚蠢,所以他才如此地快樂。他是否整天在這裡隨處懶散地躺著?」

老和尚答道:「啊,國王,些許耐心讓我告訴您這和尚快樂的根源。極少數人知道其原因。他曾經是一位國王,正如同你一般的有錢有勢。後來他受戒成為比丘並放棄原有王室的生活。所以他已體會到、和目前的喜樂相比,過去的快樂微不足道!他曾被配備著武器的士兵圍繞保護,現在他隻身在山林中但心中無有任何恐懼,因此不需任何士兵保護。他已放下因保護財富的憂心所產生的負擔。反而從失去財富和權勢的恐懼憂患中解脫,並以智慧保護自他。他不斷精進禪修以致達到了內在寧靜,因此無法停止地讚嘆:「真是歡喜!真是快樂啊!。」

國王聽到這快樂和尚的故事,當下會意並且內心平和,他停留片刻聽取兩位比丘的建議。隨後國王向其致敬並返回皇宮。

曾身為國王的快樂和尚也向師父致敬,並回到美好的山林。他老後度過餘生、涅槃並轉世至天界。

─捨離財富與權勢,喜樂就會增加。

The Happy Monk[Joys of the Spiritual Life]

Once upon a time, there was a high class rich man. As he became older, he realized that the suffering of old age was about the same for rich and poor alike. So he gave up his wealth and class position, and went into the forest to live as a poor monk. He practiced meditation, and developed his mind. He freed himself from unwholesome thoughts, and became contented and happy. His peacefulness and friendliness gradually drew 500 followers to his side.

At that time, long ago, most monks usually looked pretty serious. But there was one monk who, even though he was quite dignified, always wore at least a little smile. No matter what happened, he never lost this glimmer of inner happiness. And on happy occasions, he had the broadest smile, and the warmest laughter of all.

Sometimes monks, as well as others, would ask him why he was so happy that he always wore a smile. He chuckled and said, "If I told you, you wouldn't believe me! And if you thought I spoke a lie, it would be a dishonor to my master." The wise old master knew the source of the happiness that could not be wiped from his face. He made this happiest monk his number one assistant.

One year, after the rainy season, the old monk and his 500 followers went to the city. The king permitted them to live in his pleasure garden for the springtime.

This king was a good man, who took his responsibilities as ruler seriously. He tried to protect the people from danger, and to increase their prosperity and welfare. He always had to worry about neighbouring kings, some of whom were unfriendly and threatening. He often had to make peace between his own rival ministers of state.

Sometimes his wives fought for his attention, and for the advancement of their sons. Occasionally, a dissatisfied subject even threatened the life of the king himself! And, of course, he had to worry constantly about the finances of the kingdom. In fact, he had so much to worry about, that he never had time to be happy!

As summer approached, he learned that the monks were preparing to return to the forest. Considering the health and welfare of the old leader, the king went to him and said, "Your reverence, you are now very old and weak. What good does it do to go back to the forest? You can send your followers back, while you remain here."

The chief monk then called his number one assistant to him and said, "You are now to be the leader of the other monks, while you all live in the forest. As I am too old and weak. I will remain here as offered by the king." So the 500 returned to the forest and the old one remained.

The number one assistant continued practicing meditation in the forest. He gained so much wisdom and peace that he became even happier than before. He missed the master, and wanted to share his happiness with him. So he returned to the city for a visit.

When he arrived, he sat on a rug at the feet of the old monk. They didn't speak very much, but every so often the number one assistant would say, "What happiness! Oh what happiness!"

Then the king came to visit. He paid his respects to the chief monk. However, the one from the forest just kept saying, "What happiness! Oh what happiness!" He did not even stop to greet the king and show proper respect. This disturbed him, and he thought, "With all my worries, as busy as I am looking after the kingdom, I take time out for a visit and this monk does not respect me enough to even recognize me. "How insulting!" He said to the senior of the monk, "Venerable sir, this monk must be stupid from overeating. That must be why he is so full of happiness. Does he lie around here so lazy all the time?"

The head monk replied, "Oh king, have patience and I will tell you the source of his happiness. Not many know it. He was once a king, just as rich and mighty as you! Then he was ordained a monk and gave up his kingly life. Now he thinks his old happiness was nothing compared to his present joy!"

He used to be surrounded by armed men, who guarded and protected him. Now, sitting alone in the forest with nothing to fear, he has no need for armed guards. He has given up the burden of worrying about wealth that has to be protected. Instead, free of the worry of wealth and the fear of power, his wisdom protects himself and others. He advances in meditation to such inner peace, that he cannot keep from saying, "What happiness! Oh what happiness!"

The king understood at once. Hearing the story of the happy monk made him feel at peace. He stayed for a while and received advice from both of them. Then he honoured them, and returned to the palace.

Later the happy monk, who once had been a king, paid his respects to his master and returned to the lovely forest. The old chief monk lived out the remainder of his life, died, and was reborn in a high heaven world.

Unattached to wealth and power, happiness increases.

(◕‿◕✿)**歡迎點閱

敏卓林堪千仁波切官方部落格臉書網頁   http://www.facebook.com/mindroling )  / Thank you !

您可以瞭解更多 •延伸閱讀  

【水壼中的覺性大海】

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/theeasternsun-khenchen/article?mid=3468&prev=3484&next=3429&l=f&fid=16

◎圖文版權所有• 懇請如理如法、尊重智慧財產權。

如欲轉貼引用, 敬請連結敏林堪千仁波切台灣辦事處•敏林堪千仁波切唯一中文官網:【敏林堪千仁波切官方部落格─敏林堪千仁波切的達瑪師利語自在秘密宮殿】,謝謝您!

諸行無常,是生滅法;生滅滅已,寂滅為樂。
ip地址已設置保密
2013/9/9 上午 09:22:46

佛子網路世界的家 佛網 Buddhanet